“I really don’t think we’ve caught anybody through any of this (NSA spying)…”
Behold: How the preposterous claim came about– based on MP’s intimate knowledge of bungling, bureaucratic buffoonery…
– Snowden leaks.
– Obama embarrassed.
– Obama high-level staffers (Denis McDonough, Valerie Jarrett, etc.) yell at NSA lifetime bureaucrats
– Lindsey Graham and Mike Rogers’ Chiefs of Staff also yell at NSA lifetime bureaucrats
– NSA lifetime bureaucrats yell at NSA mid-level staffers
– NSA mid-level staffers get the distinct impression that they better find some justification for NSA spying, and fast
– NSA mid-level staffers yell at discouraged analysts with no-morale
– Discouraged analysts with no-morale shoddily stretch the truth because no one can verify anything anyway
– NSA lifetime bureaucrats relieved to finally get WH and Congress off their backs
– Unverifiable propaganda disseminated to liberal media allies and neocon outlets.