The IRS apology for targeting Tea Party groups was in response to a letter filed by Mark Levin’s Landmark Legal Foundation alleging “misconduct”. On Friday’s show, Mark Levin recounts a visit from armed IRS agents in relation to the complaint…
“They were both armed…these two men were the equivalent of FBI for the Treasury Department…”
Mark Levin Show May 10.
Conservative radio talker Mark Levin appears to have touched off the investigation into Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative political groups back in March 2012.
Levin told The Daily Caller Friday afternoon his organization had litigated similar complaints of political audits during the Clinton administration and specifically referenced the Heritage Foundation as one of the tax collector’s targets at the time.
More recently, Levin said, conservative and Tea Party groups approached him complaining of harassment by the IRS, which prompted his organization to petition Treasury Department Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George.
- Sean Hannity pretends: “I couldn’t be happier” about being replaced by Michael Savage
- Would smash: The Hill’s Elise Viebeck
- Watch: MP turns Young Americans for Liberty’s Bonnie Kristian into a hot chick
- Bwahahaha: Joe Scarborough claims Obamacare wasn’t Obama’s idea
- Sail to the Caribbean with the Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes for just $5,142!