“Sidewalks falling apart, garbage everywhere, unusable school system…”
Adam Carolla Podcast March 6.
Other municipalities have a Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP) program, but the abuses are particularly egregious in Los Angeles…
$1 Billion DROP Salary Scandal: L.A. Cops, Firefighters Allowed to Double-Dip Into City Funds, Collect Pensions 5 Years Early…
ROP “allows LAPD and L.A. city fire personnel who’ve been on the force for at least 25 years and are 50 years old to collect both a salary and their pension for their last five years on the job. And, of course, they continue to collect their pension for the rest of their lives.”
The average size of a DROP check is $306,000 for cops, $328,000 for firefighters. If we multiply that average with the number of employees who have participated in the program — 2,808 — we find that the city has spent about $900 million on the program.
- Sean Hannity pretends: “I couldn’t be happier” about being replaced by Michael Savage
- Would smash: The Hill’s Elise Viebeck
- Watch: MP turns Young Americans for Liberty’s Bonnie Kristian into a hot chick
- Bwahahaha: Joe Scarborough claims Obamacare wasn’t Obama’s idea
- Sail to the Caribbean with the Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes for just $5,142!