NRA President David Keene: Focus on the mentally ill…
Um, about that…
How long before a government panel determines that Tea Party members are insufficiently stable to purchase a gun? A decade? Maybe two, tops?
Conferring upon government (more) power to prevent crimes before they happen is a recipe for abuse at best, and tyranny at worst…
But we need to get crazy people off the street!
Why was Adam Lanza even allowed to walk the streets? He was sooo obviously mentally unstable!
I get it: We want to shift the focus from banning guns to something else– But this whole imprisoning people who have committed no crime thing doesn’t seem like the greatest idea ever.
Friendly reminder fellow freedom-loving conservatives:
It’s “innocent until proven guilty”. Not “innocent until a panel of government appointed bureaucrats determine that one is a threat in their subjective judgment”.
Do we really want the same people who run the DMV, and who have bankrupted the USPS, and who think Tea Party members are violent and crazy, to be the ultimate arbiter of our liberty?
- Sean Hannity pretends: “I couldn’t be happier” about being replaced by Michael Savage
- Would smash: The Hill’s Elise Viebeck
- Watch: MP turns Young Americans for Liberty’s Bonnie Kristian into a hot chick
- Bwahahaha: Joe Scarborough claims Obamacare wasn’t Obama’s idea
- Sail to the Caribbean with the Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes for just $5,142!