Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin’s use of the term “shuck and jive” is blatant racism
Let me preface the Chris Matthews video with the following…
- Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin “is like Muammar Gaddafi”
- Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin “is so pathetic”
- Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin “has proven herself to be profoundly stupid”
- Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin “is like a Mail Order Bride”
- Chris Matthews: Sarah Palin’s debate performance reminds me of a children’s “spelling bee”
- Chris Matthews: The GOP doesn’t feel sorry for sick people, gay soldiers, or the unemployed
“It’s pretty blatant…”
Hardball October 24.
Sarah Palin’s response…
For the record, there was nothing remotely racist in my use of the phrase “shuck and jive” – a phrase which many people have used, including Chris Matthews, Andrew Cuomo, and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney to name a few off the top of my head. In fact, Andrew Cuomo also used the phrase in reference to Barack Obama, and the fact that Mr. Cuomo and I used the phrase in relation to President Obama signifies nothing out of the ordinary. I would have used the exact same expression if I had been writing about President Carter, whose foreign policy rivaled Obama’s in its ineptitude, or about the Nixon administration, which was also famously rocked by a cover-up.