Police are throwing canisters spewing smoke after ordering several hundred protesters to stop their march in opposition of the Group of 20 summit in Pittsburgh.
The march does not have a city permit and police have declared it an unlawful assembly. They played an announcement over a loudspeaker telling people to leave or face arrest or “other police action.”
Several hundred protesters, many advocating against capitalism, had been trying to march toward the site of the summit.
The group broke into smaller groups after being confronted by police. One group was seen pushing a trash bin down a street.
- LOL WUT? Rand Paul claims “freedom zones” don’t pick winners and losers
- South Carolina Sheriff Rick Clark refuses to lower flag in honor of terrorist Nelson Mandela
- Paul Ryan conspiring with Patty Murray to end the sequester
- Rand Paul’s “Freedom Zones” is central planning on steroids
- In pictures: How Americans can repeal Obamacare in 3 easy steps